Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Did you know?

TWO WEEKS SINCE MY SURGERY!

It's crazy how time flies when you're having fun! It was just a little over two weeks ago that I was kind of freaking out about whether or not I would be prepared to do this. I didn't know what to expect and it was just crazy to know that I would have a different face. It was a big deal to me... and frustrating.

I remember that I was scared because I knew that I wasn't scared. As weird as it is, people would ask me if I were nervous... and I would tell them that I wasn't. I'd explain what I was getting done... and they'd cringe and tell me to be prepared for the pain.

TRICKED YOU!

I am glad to say that I haven't been scared... and I think that I've been tough. I feel like I have tackled this and I am glad to say that it didn't hurt. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to get it done. It's not nearly as bad as what it is made out to be.

But I did get to miss exams. I don't know how I feel. If anyone knows me... they'd know that it's not like me to do something like this. I guess it's not normal to get your jaws broken... but I would have almost preferred to have written my exams. It's just something that I am used to and it's part of what is expected out of high school. Actually, it is probably the only thing that is scheduled and promised in high school. High school has exams... and you can count on that. Everything else about it is like... pulled out of a hat.


That's me yesterday, sporting a very hazy bruise on the left cheek. I am numb around my nose still... and it's pretty weird. My upper lip is still numb too... and there is a nice and neat stitch left in my upper lip that does not want to come out. Cool eh? I think that it's grunge, another piercing.


Here I am today. Besides the numbness and swelling around my nose... I think that this is it. Here is my new face, almost. Ahhh, I don't see a lot of difference. It's like I kinda planned this... because my new glasses are waiting for me at the eye doctor.
OFF TO CORNER BROOK TOMORROW!
I am getting myself unwired! Will keep in touch!
-Chelsea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your as cute as a button!

Martina. said...

NICE SHIRT IN #1! buaha.


And I definitely do see a diff.

Can't wait to see you unwired though. AND IN PERSON!

As I've said many times before!

Danielle-xx said...

I vote that you keep up this blogging business. :) regardless of a broken face because I highly enjoy reading your entrys.

xx