Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Up to par

I am officially ready for surgery. Everything is done, and the next time that I have any appointment with a surgeon is going to be on Wednesday, the actual date for surgery.

We went to the Janeway today for the appointment at one. My grandfather met us there, which is probably fitting because he can send anyone to a hospital. He just needs to know what is going on at every point in life, and it kinda made Mom want to check into the mental ward.

I am now a member of Eastern Health, and I have my own admitting card. Everyone around me was in their enfants years... but the jungle themed walls were comforting. One kid was a complete hillbilly and insisted that he get a "pinned" room for the blood collection, so he won't squirm and fight the nurse. I hope that she didn't let him out of it yet.

I got my blood pressure, temperature, etc. done by some RN. She wasn't very pleasant. Actually, nobody was that pleasant or welcoming, especially for a childrens hospital. It's just a little confusing.

Tomorrow (well, technically today if you note that it is past midnight) will be my last day of eating solid foods for a while, and I have to fast, starting at a TBA time. This means Swiss Chalet. And Mary Browns. And Subway. And New York Fries. And. And. And. And. And.

WOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Eating! :)