Monday, January 21, 2008

Yahoooooooooo

Good day!

I just woke up and I am watching House. I am just trying to tell you that I am having the time of my life! I get to sleep all day and drink as many juices as I want. Although, today has been the most interesting so far.

Just to give you an insight as to what I am eating... here it is.


My fridge has every liquid possible, but I am still unappetized. I don't feel hungry, I just feel that I have no energy. I can't really stand up that long... or I will feel like I am going to pass out. I guess that my daily regiment of takeout was a beneficial source of energy! I have lots of milkshakes that I can drink, but milk makes me feel like crap. It tastes good... but then I feel nauseous. Today marks my first time feeling this. I didn't feel horribly sick, but I was more scared of what it would be like trying to barf my guts out and not open my mouth. So, I just lid on my bed and tried to think myself out of it. I feel fine now.

I also found out that McCain Berry Bunch is the best solution to getting my medicine down. It's one of those frozen juices that require very little knowledge to mix... and it's perfect. It's light and tastey, and it lets me get that horrid taste of anti-inflammatories out. Eeeeeouh.

I have been taking pictures of my dental progress for some time now. Well, mainly when I started, then the day before the surgery, and now... today. I decided to show you guys, even if it is not the most candid sight. I guess that you can appreciate orthodontics much more after seeing it!

So, here i was on November 7th, 2004. That is when I actually got braces. It was embarrassing and painful... but I didn't want to have those crazy rabbit teeth anymore. They told me that I would get my jaw surgery in May of 2006, and then get my braces off after completing 24 months, which would have been November of 2006.


After over three years of braces! Dr. Jackman had to find a new surgeon because the other one died... so they finally squeezed me in. I was way past due and my teeth weren't moving a lot anymore because they were as straight as my jaws would let them be. The teeth were straight, it was just that my jaws wouldn't let them fit together good. So... you can see that they are not symmetric and there is a space between the jaws.

This is where the surgery kicked in. My jaws are clenched together due to some heavy duty elastics. It's kind of hard to get a good picture because I can't feel my face and it's hard to maneuver something that I can't feel. But, now you can see that my jaws are aligned because the centers of both my top and bottom jaws are now lined up. It's all pretty cool.
And here is my vogue pose for today. This is me actually forcing my eyes open... because they are swollen and blackened. It looks like I got in a horrible bar fight or something. My bruises are like... neon yellow today.
And, I am feeling no pain.
-Chelsea

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a question! Why are there bruises around your eyes? I'm assuming its from pressure fromt he sugury or whatever. But am I right? Kinda seems weird! haha
Your so pretty! I miss you!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Your face looks like it isn't as swollen. I can't wait to see you. :)

Anonymous said...

I like that you look great no matter what!!! (My own "Little LuLu"). As for the fridge...I am so greatful that you let me put one pepsi in there anyway...

Love you!! :P

Anonymous said...

You look a lot better today. Still bruised and swollen, but better. Feeling sicky though isn't good.

loveee you.
I miss you a whole lot Chelsea!!
-Gingeyy.

Kelly said...

Swelling is going down. Looking good. Amy made me look at this. I must say, I'm a little nervous now. It looked pretty rough at first.

Kay said...

Your bruising and swelling look pretty severe, I was just wondering what your diet was like before hand?

I have surgery in 17 days and I'm ensuring I take supplements everyday, I also upped my calcium and protein intake as well as tailoring my diet to more vegetable juices and smoothies to be prepared I believe that the healthier my body is going in the sooner I will recover.

I had my wisdom teeth extracted a year ago and I had no swelling at all, I am a vegetarian and I believe this may have contributed to my fortunate outcome...

I hope you still reply to this blog...My pre-ops with the surgen and hospital this friday, they will be going over nutritional information...did you have this?

thank you,
Kay.