Monday, January 28, 2008

Don't. You. Worry. There's. Still. Time.

NEGLECT!

By no means am I sick and tired of revealing the deflating of my face! Dad's internet connection absolutely sucks... so here comes some compensation.

I do have the pictures though.

Okay. This is me on Friday. Despite the special effects that a flash can offer... I am still quite yellow at this point! I went to my dad's for the weekend, for a change of view. I was kinda in my mom's house for a week. (Love you Mom... just wanted a reminder as to why I am always over your house, right?)

This was what Saturday was telling me. My brother had just insisted on starting to watch the first season of One Tree Hill. I started it that night...

And this is me on Sunday! Even though I stayed awake all night watching OTH, I was allowed to sleep all day! I mean, what else could I possibly have to do? The worst part about Dad's is that he insists on cooking all of these great meals and laughs at my temptation once, "Chelsea, supper is ready!" is said. I swear that he'd serve up my plate if he knew that it wouldn't end up in his face.

Here I am today. Twelve days post-op. It kinda looks like I am wearing the same shirt... but they're different! My color palate is just a little off. My bruises are still there... but they are certainly fading away. I feel like ripping my braces off and indulging in (INSERT ANY FOOD ITEM HERE).

That's how serious I am.

At the same time... I am really enjoying this. I really like progress and I really like the progress that I am getting. It's so cool to me. I like medicine. And orthodontics. I kinda like this.

I don't even mind being wired shut that much. It's embarrassing sometimes when I can't get my point across with my spit-soaked words... but that's who I am. I've always had some sort of lisp or something. This just makes it funnier. I now have somthing to blame it on. It's also kind of comforting to not feel obligated to talk. I find myself not saying things during crucial times because "I can't talk!" It helps me... because I have a lot to say. Then, there are times that I have nothing to say... and I am actually thinking, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY RIGHT NOW! This is where my jaw thing does me well. I don't need to say anything if I can't talk. (I can talk, I really can).

I can't open my mouth. AHH! It makes me mad too. I want to be able to just scream. And lick my lips. And play with my braces. And breathe dumbly with my mouth open. And look like I am catching flies. And have a liberating sneeze. And yawn without getting toned cheek muscles from straining it. And eat. HALLELUJAH!

I think I just made a religion reference.

Yeahhhh... this jaw thing has GOT to be undone.

-Chelsea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see updates.

el oh el.


I'm excited to see you up close and personal and not up close and pixel!

Pumped!

Anonymous said...

yay, chelsea! =]. 4 DAYZ left of a wired mouth.

goooooood luck with the unwiring.

i lovee you.
-Gingeyy.

Anonymous said...

So I'm expecting some dust and spiders to crawl out of your mouth when they open it up lol.

Danielle-xx said...

I hope to Allah that no dust and bugs come out haha, that would be like scary movie worthy


Absolutly love the detail you put into your writing. It's really entertaining!

Good luck with it hun!


takecare xx