Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a cute little nose

That's what I'm saying. This is me right before my surgery, then... today. It's pretty cool to look at. My bottom lip used to be, "pouty"... we will say. Now, it's the opposite. My chin is a little shorter... and I guess I look more proportioned. It's amazing what a little jaw breaking could do! Wow!

And I have developed a hooked nose? I guess that makes complete sense. Considering that it is numb and it looks like there is a gumdrop on it, I am thinking that this hook is temporary. I didn't think that the tip of my nose had any ties with my jaws...

And... my jaundice-looking skin is "temporary" too... right?

Today was good. I took my naprosyn (anti-inflammatories) on my own accord, and watched this season's House on the internet. I attempted orange juice this morning... which has been a regular on my menu. All of a sudden, it starts to burn my mouth. I felt like I was drinking battery acid. I guess that means that my stitches are coming out... or something is happening.

It's been a week since this...



Haha... that was before the yellow. I know that it's a self-portrait... but I can promise you that I was too out-of-it to even remember it. The scarf of icepacks around my neck is telling me that I was still in ICU at this point. It's really crazy how fast time is going.

My skin got really different too. It's really shiny. It looks like I am sweating in pictures, but... I guess it's my new natural glow. This explains my soaken-zombie state in this...


Haha. I am happy that it's funny to look back at these things now. Last week I was too embarrassed to even post this... but now it's just crazy. My bruises were fresh here... nice and purple/brown. My radiance is obvious here... but it looks like I just finished eating some Mary Browns. I wish.


And, this is me today. Eight days post-op.



And, this is me getting more and more back to myself. Photoshoot.



Oh, bruises.

-Chelsea

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wh00t, almost back to yourself again...except a little different which is cool to see how much you've changed. i love your updates! keep posting.
loveee you.
-Gingeyy

Anonymous said...

Wow, you can see a difference from before on your front on pics, not only your side on. Well, at least I can.

BTW

You missed Edward Scissorhands, Labrynth and The Last Legion in writing! lol.

Oh, and Juno in human dynamics, which was an AMAZING movie.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE CHANGING!!!! It's like Christmas all over again except I'm not excting about getting presents. I'm excited to see you!!!! Happy Healing lol. :D

Danielle-xx said...

Holy moley!

The difference sure is there, the two side pictures are crazzzyy.

and the swelling is going down ( I notice) so it's not just you getting used to it! ha.


in the words of samm "Happy Healing!" haha takecare xx

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful chelsea :)